The Customized Version of PREPARE/ENRICH (6th Version) is the most advanced couple assessment tool available.
- Customized – The online format automatically customizes itself to fit the unique stage (i.e., dating,engaged, or married) and structure (i.e., cohabiting, raising children, or creating a stepfamily) of each couple’s relationship based on their answers to several background questions.
- New Features – The Customized Version includes: over 100 customized scales; a Couple’s Workbook with more than 20 feedback exercises; revised Facilitator Reports; a Couple’s Report designed for couples to keep; new Personality Scales, a Stress Profile, and a Commitment section included with every inventory.
- Faith-Based Options – Facilitators can select between a standard or faith-based administration of the inventory.
- Many New Categories – Cultural/Ethnic Issues, Forgiveness, Character Traits, Previous Marriage, and Becoming Parents.
Why should you assess your relationship with the #1 relationship assessment tool?
For over thirty years, PREPARE/ENRICH has led the way in helping couples explore and strengthen their relationships. The main component of the program is an online survey you each complete in about 30-45 minutes. PREPARE/ENRICH is not just any survey. The items you respond to are based on research and are intended to help you identify the unique strengths and potential growth areas of your relationship. You’ll meet with a facilitator trained to provide feedback by helping you understand your results and learn important relationship skills. Built on a solid research foundation, PREPARE/ENRICH has been improved and refined over the years to become one of the best, most effective, easy-to-use relationship assessment tools available.
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
PREPARE/ENRICH assesses these areas of your relationship:
- 12 Relationship Scales — communication, conflict resolution, roles, sexuality, finances, spiritual beliefs, and more
- 5 SCOPE Personality Scales
- 4 Couple and Family Scales — based on Circumplex Model
- 4 Relationship Dynamic Scales
- 30 Customized Scales-
Interpreted by Trained Facilitators
Know, however, that PREPARE/ENRICH is a sophisticated instrument that must be interpreted by a trained counselor, or by your certified pastor, priest, marriage mentors or marriage educator.
Over 3 Million Couples!
Is the PREPARE/ENRICH Program valid & reliable?Over the last 30 years, the PREPARE/ENRICH relationship assessment has empowered and energized more than 3 million couples. You will be using the #1 premarital inventory and couples assessment tool.
An important strength of the PREPARE/ENRICH Inventory is their strong psychometric properties. High levels of reliability and validity have been found for each instrument, making them valuable tools for research as well as clinical use.
- National Norms based on over 500,000 couples
- High Levels of Validity and Reliability
PREPARE has validity in that it discriminates premarital couples that get divorced from those that are happily married with about 80-85% accuracy. Reliability is high (alpha reliability of .80 – .85).
For more information about research with the PREPARE/ENRICH Inventory, view Research Articles.
Overview of PREPARE/ENRICH
PREPARE/ENRICH began in 1980 as a result of several research projects at the University of Minnesota in which Dr. David Olson developed a set of inventories for couples; known as PREPARE/ENRICH. Because of the demand for inventories David and Karen Olson formed PREPARE/ENRICH (Life Innovations, Inc.) to provide these helpful tools for counselors, clergy members, mentors and other marriage educators.
Have questions? Need more info? Call me at 404-941-5867 or click here to send an inquiry.