Celebrating the Wins! – 7 Questions That Will Help You See God’s Goodness.
Ministry is difficult. It requires a persistence and steadfastness that no other endeavour requires. Because of that we can often live with our nose to the grindstone and forget to keep our eyes on anything but the task at hand.
It is important to regularly stop along the way and truly celebrate what God has been doing. To recognize that all of the hard work has added up to positive results. Unfortunately we forget to look for, and therefore recognize, all the good work that God is accomplishing in our midst. He is accomplishing great works, are you noticing?
1. As a team, take time to highlight and celebrate any “wins” that God has accomplished in your ministry or personal lives within the past week. Here are some questions to ask to start the conversation:
- What victory has God given you?
- What challenges have you overcome with God’s help?
- What has God been doing to energized you?
- How has God brought positive results and outcomes to you?
- What have you and God been able to accomplish together?
- What “enemy” have you been able to defeat with God’s support?
- Where do you see God clearing a path for you?
2. Have each ministry area representative celebrate a victory that is specific to their ministry area.
3. Then have the primary or top tier leadership celebrate some of the global “wins” that have been experienced ministry wide.
You and your team will find this exercise to be very refreshing and encouraging and it is not uncommon to adopt this practice as a habit to kick of every team meeting to get things started on a high note.
Share a “win” that we can celebrate with you below in the comments section.