7 Self Leadership Questions That Clarify Direction
Not many leaders fall short of their goals and objectives from a lack of desire to succeed. Leaders typically find themselves off track from a lack of clear direction towards success.
As a leader you may find yourself without a clear direction or simply existing in maintenance mode in your ministry area. Maybe you are putting out fires all day in the form of being the primary problem solver or solutions person. Perhaps you are so busy trying to provide direction for others that you have lost direction for yourself.
As a leader you must ask yourself the following questions:
- What do I bring to the ministry in terms of unique giftedness and calling?
- What well-defined responsibilities fall squarely on my shoulders in the ministry?
- What are the tasks and responsibilities that only I can do?
- What is the most valuable and productive use of my time and energy in this organization?
- How can I personally make the greatest impact in ministry and this organization today, tomorrow and into the future?
- Am I reflecting the vision and goals of the ministry in my current schedule, relationships and to do lists?
- What changes do I need to make in order to accomplish more of the most important things that God has called me to?
These are great questions to discuss as a team as well. A perspective outside of your own limited vision will help you identify the most important things that others see you can greatly impact for the Kingdom.
- A Final thought – What could you give away today that would free you up to bring more unique value and productivity to your self leadership and ministry?